Elegant Flyff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Elegant Flyff

A Hostel For Gamers.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Small or Big community?

Go down 
+13
Ninewounds
xkitteh
Admin Luke
LadySweetz
PigCrap
fonze
RomperStomper
destocot
Valkyra
MonoTone92
Juukin
bulletspeed12
Anarki
17 posters

Big Or Small
Small
Small or Big community? Vote_lcap89%Small or Big community? Vote_rcap
 89% [ 25 ]
Large
Small or Big community? Vote_lcap11%Small or Big community? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage
Anarki
GM
Anarki

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Small or Big community? Empty
PostSubject: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 7:26 pm

Just curius on what people want...

Do you prefer a small community where you generaly know everyone and the server will function perfectly. (we saying around 100 players)

Or

Do you prefer a larger community with more incoming all the time and possible lag. (150+)

P.S. sorry for a biased poll but i prefer smaller ^_^
Back to top Go down
bulletspeed12
Addicted
bulletspeed12

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 7:27 pm

Same, I voted small.
Back to top Go down
Juukin
Juukin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 8:24 pm

Voted small Very Happy

Small Ftw o.o..?
Back to top Go down
MonoTone92

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 8:33 pm

I voted for small but if that means getting rid of some people, I hope my acount doesnt get eliminated. No
Back to top Go down
Valkyra
Valkyra

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 8:53 pm

I'd prefer to keep it small, but not "after we get x players let's not let anyone else in"-like.

A smaller community is better, but it would be nice to get some new blood every now and then, imo. :3
Back to top Go down
destocot
destocot

Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Om ok   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:27 pm

k im gonna have to vote for small because of the lags but i think we should get rid of everyone who is under level 30
Back to top Go down
RomperStomper
RomperStomper

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:27 pm

destocot wrote:
k im gonna have to vote for small because of the lags but i think we should get rid of everyone who is under level 30

and what if one of those said people just happens to be me whos only been able to play once, i go to college so i couldnt play when luke was awake, and most times when i get back the server is down.
plus its been down for the last few days and ive also been busy doing college work.

you could say im not dedicated to this server which is complete crap becuase ive been on here longer than most, only those who started it along with ash and gem i believe have been on longer that still play.
just by going on the level of someones character is also flawed in the fact that people make new characters and delete older ones they no longer need or don't like. what happens if you catch one of those people as there changing characters
Back to top Go down
Anarki
GM
Anarki

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:53 pm

we would be able to moderate newer / unused accounts and remove them if needed. so say we kept it to 100
if someone left we could remove them and make room for someone else.

and in case they wanted to come back again i could save a hardcopy of the removed characters .
Back to top Go down
Juukin
Juukin

Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:56 pm

Anarki wrote:
we would be able to moderate newer / unused accounts and remove them if needed. so say we kept it to 100
if someone left we could remove them and make room for someone else.

and in case they wanted to come back again i could save a hardcopy of the removed characters .

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
fonze
fonze

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 11:49 pm

I vote for....
-Small dedicated community who truly loves flyff and the people playing.

- NOT some random people who come in to mess up the server, make fun of people, complain, and are umm....evil.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
PigCrap

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:59 am

it would be awesome to have like 1000 players ons erver and all things etc. but the problem is the server never could hold suchh a lot of ppl and would lag like crap

huge community good but impossible thats what i thing
Back to top Go down
Anarki
GM
Anarki

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:59 am

personaly i hate a large comunity.. i prefer the smaller group where everyone gets along with eachother.. and if they dont.. 'bye bye' someone new to take there place
Back to top Go down
LadySweetz
Admin
LadySweetz

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 2:05 am

I also voted small, as it would be easier to fund, less lag, less players to buff/awnser for/restore items for xD ( Selfish I KNOW!) and everyone would knew eachother Very Happy I loved beta, it was so nice and lag free XD and everyone was nice! and knew flyff!
Back to top Go down
Admin Luke
Admin

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 2:05 am

Unfortunetly its going to be my choice in the end, the whole point I made a server was to go bigger then 50 people... whats the point of that... I'm gonna sit here day and Night to see the same ungreatful people over and over not that all of you are ungreatful but most of the new players are... and thats personaly upsetting. If we were to get the 150 dollars which I dont think we will. We would be able to support 100-200 people WITHOUT lag. So it really isnt a case of a big community with lag because there wouldn't be any. Of course we all no that this is the best server apart from fly for fame. Battle cry is dead / massura lags 24/7 quad core (BULL SHIT COUGH) but I'm just not that happy atm running this any more its just not doing it for me... I'll be leaving it up for now as I enjoy a programing challange but its just going to be a hobbie for me now I'm not taking it seriously if it crashes in the night it will stay down till its up.

Sorry for the bad news, but its just not worth my time if no one can help me out, I no most of you would and thats fantastic but I also understand you cant.

So for now server is up... but to be honest I'm not sure for how long its gonna stick around for. You can stay if you like or find a different private server its really up to you.

I enjoyed making it, but things arn't going the way I thought... so anyway server is back on... enjoy..
Back to top Go down
https://elegantflyff.darkbb.com
Anarki
GM
Anarki

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 2:30 am

well if thats the case. im still more then happy to stick around. and if its going to be just a hobby like thing then the player base will go to a stable level i think. meaning we wouldnt need a dedi or anything . but i really hope you find your enthusiasm for the server again luke. i really dont want to see a great project like this die Sad
Back to top Go down
xkitteh
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 2:08 am

Small ftw less lag less irritating stupid people asking stupid questions that were answered 100 times over weeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Back to top Go down
Anarki
GM
Anarki

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:49 am

it seems everyone generaly prefers a smaller server.

but like luke said .. ultimately the option is his.

and from what i have seen of those who voted... they are the players most dedicated to the server.

so i have no fear in saying they will be the ones backing the server no matter what direction it goes
Back to top Go down
Ninewounds

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:21 pm

Either way i am not to fussed, each has it pro's and cons; But i can't really say because I've never experienced playing in a smaller server/community.

I can see the attraction though

Cool
Back to top Go down
ChaosBlood
ChaosBlood

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:59 pm

well looking at all da servers i've been playing in and even tough they aren't flyff pservers its always hard to GMs and admins to handle a big community ( i know this cuz of my gm experiences from Rose Online pservers) especially when you have a bunch of people asking the same question and not reading the rules.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hkid4sho
destocot
destocot

PostSubject: smal   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 6:01 pm

small is bestbecause there areusually like no more then 5 ppl actve when play
Back to top Go down
jdtc516
jdtc516

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 3:34 am

you get to know the players well..

i've played in a large community before. and there's like a lot of people just picking on fights.
so a small community would be great
Back to top Go down
Remiii15

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 1:53 pm

I voted for small too .. Its true , its better with a small community .
Some people just trying to hack the server , playing while they can and when the server is offline they are chaning server
to another .. I mean like , WTF is that for an evil style O.O ?
Back to top Go down
timtimtim123

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 2:33 pm

i voted for a smaller community, it wouldent be nice if it was over flooded with noobs making it lag all the time. Small community FTW XD Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small or Big community?   Small or Big community? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small or Big community?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elegant Flyff :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: